Air Fryer Garlic Bread
Can you make garlic bread in the air fryer? You sure can, and is it ever good! Ready in no time, this easy air fryer Garlic Bread recipe is flavorful, delicious, and cheesy!
Garlic bread is amazing. There’s nothing like delicious buttery bread with garlic and miles of melted cheese. It toasts up so nicely, but instead of waiting for your oven to preheat, make it in a fraction of the time in your air fryer!
Air Fryer Garlic Bread
Air fryer Garlic Bread is simple. You just need a handful of ingredients, and you can switch up this basic recipe to customize it just how you like it. Be sure to see all my suggestions below.
I love garlic bread with soups, pastas, or next to a crisp bowl of salad. But like all recipes with few ingredients, quality counts! Use good quality freshly baked bread, good butter, and quality cheese. After a few minutes in the air fryer, your garlic bread will be ready to eat! It pairs well with this Creamy Caprese Pasta Salad.
Why I love air fryer Garlic Bread
- It’s so easy to make and is ready in no time!
- You can customize this recipe by switching up the cheese, adding herbs, and more!
- Garlic bread pairs with so many different dishes!
What kind of bread makes the best garlic bread?
You can make garlic bread with any kind of bread, but the best garlic bread is made with crusty bread. Having good crusty bread means that the butter and cheese mixture won’t sog all the way through, and then you get the combination of crunchy bottom and creamy, cheesy top. Perfection! Look for French bread, Italian loaf, ciabatta, or baguettes.
Gather these ingredients
- French baguette – I like Trader Joe’s bread, but any bakery-fresh loaf will work.
- Butter – Salted butter works best in this recipe. Let it soften on the counter for a few hours before using.
- Garlic powder – Powder, not salt.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper – To taste.
- Gruyere cheese – Shredded.
- Mozzarella cheese – Shredded.
- Red pepper flakes – Optional.
- Chives – Fresh chives, finely chopped. Optional.
How to make the best air fryer garlic bread
- Preheat your air fryer to 400-F.
- Cut the baguette in half lengthwise and open it up.
- Mix the butter, garlic powder, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, Gruyere, and mozzarella cheese in a small bowl.
- Use the back of a spoon to spread the cheese mixture over the top of the cut bread.
- Place the bread in the basket or on the rack of your air fryer and cook for 6-7 minutes or until the bread is toasted and the cheese is bubbly.
- Remove the bread, sprinkle it with the chopped chives, and serve.
Tips & substitutions
- Salted butter works well in this recipe, but unsalted is fine, too. You may not even need to add more salt because of the salty cheese.
- You can use 2-3 cloves of finely chopped fresh garlic instead of the garlic powder if you have it on hand.
- Gruyere is a nutty hard cheese from Switzerland, much like Parmesan. If you can’t find gruyere, Parmesan is a suitable replacement.
- Instead of mozzarella, try Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, if you like it spicy, gouda, fontina, or any other easy-melting cheese.
- I like to shred my own cheese. Pre-shredded cheese is tossed with starch to keep it from clumping, but the starch can result in a grainy texture. Hand-shredded cheese is smooth and fabulous when melted.
Garlic bread in the air fryer goes with so many different dishes! I love it with any kind of soup, from brothy Italian Wedding Soup to creamy Tomato Bacon Soup, just about every soup is better with garlic bread on the side. Don’t forget about stews, and even casseroles can be even more delicious with garlic bread on the side. Pastas are also perfect with garlic bread.
Store any leftover air fryer Garlic Bread in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days. You can also freeze the leftovers – put them into a freezer-safe zipper-top bag and freeze them for up to a month. Then just thaw, reheat, and enjoy!
Check out these awesome savory bread recipes while you’re here
- How to Make Garlic Bread with Regular Bread
- Pull-Apart Charcuterie Bread
- Potato Cheese Bread
- Fresh Bread Recipe
Get the Recipe:
Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- 1 French baguette loaf, we buy at Trader Joe’s
- ⅓ cup salted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¾ cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- ⅓ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chives
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the baguette in half lengthwise and split open.
- In a small bowl mix together butter, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cheeses. Add in the red pepper flakes and stir until combined.
- With a spoon, spread the garlic cheese mixture over the top of each cut side of the baguette.
- Place the bread in a preheated Air Fryer basket and close.
- Cooke the bread for 6-7 minutes or until bread is toasted.
- Remove bread from the air fryer.
- Sprinkle with minced chives, and serve immediately.